Friday, June 22, 2012

Boiled Peanuts


Last week during my stay with the Drake's, Kimberly made boiled peanuts. They turned out delicious and it inspired me to make my own. I didn't follow a recipe just made it all based on what would be good and they turned out so yummy.

1lb of raw peanuts
1 cup of sea salt (you can only do half if you don't want them salty)
1/4 cup of ground red peppers (more if you want a kick)
water

Place peanuts in the crock pot and cover with water.  Pour the salt and red pepper in the crock boat and cook on low for 6 hours (more or less depending on your crock pot.)

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm one of my fave things ... boiled peanuts ... can't get more Southern than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! :) I eat some for snack every day

      Delete