Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hoarding?! :)

I am sure you have all seen, or have heard, about the show Hoarders? For those of you who have not seen or heard about it, the name speaks for itself. It is a show about people who hoard things (gee, wonder what gave that away) and they have a hard time parting with things. Most of them have deep psychological issues which is the leading cause of their hoarding. Although, I know I am not, by any means a hoarder like the people on the show, I do have the tendency to hang on to little gadgets and other random junk. 

Last night, in a desperate attempt to stay up until 1230 a.m so we could get tons of free boxes at Walmart (I know, sounds a little hoarderish) we decided to clean out our personal drawers. Let me tell you, it is really interesting the things we hoard. For example, I found that I have an intensive coin collection (crazy when you didn't even know you collected coins), I collect key chains apparently, I have more buttons then I have clothes with buttons and I have an intensive collection of bobby pins which I can never seem to find when I actually want to pin my hair. I also seem to collect cards, not the card you play with, but card people give to say thank you or happy birthday or whatever. I literally had over 100 cards. I had cards from my communion (16 years ago), my graduation (10 years ago), my 21st birthday (1 years ago...okay I wish), going away from Miami to the AF, going away from AF to Miami, our wedding day and shower, my birthday's, my graduation....I mean you name it and I have a card for it. It was great to have some of them, but some of them I really didn't understand my reason for keeping them. The funny thing is although I didn't understand my purpose of keeping some of them, I was still having a hard time getting rid of them, but finally I did. I only held on to the extremely especial ones. Anthony found a birthday card that his grandmother, who passed away Jan 2011, had sent him for his 25th birthday-- the last card she ever gave him. It was touching.

Once we finished going through our personal drawer, we went through our time capsule (so much for packing huh?). Yeah, Anthony and I have a time capsule and honestly, it's pretty awesome because every time we go through it we kind of like fall in love with each other all over again. I really believe all couples should have a time capsule because it is cheap therapy. By the end of the whole process you want to open a bottle of wine, bat your eyes at each other and well you know.... :). 

Well in the midst of "cleaning" out of time capsule, Anthony found our vows to one another. It was so sweet to hear those vows; to believe that at the end of this month we will be celebrating 2 years of marriage, is insane, time sure flies. After hearing Anthony read his vows, I was so enamored, I said, "babe, read my vows." As soon as I said it, I immediately thought "oh crap." You see, in my vows, I vowed to scratch Anthony's back so many times a week. What I was thinking when I wrote that, I don't know, but obviously I was not thinking considering I don't care to scratch backs. Every time Anthony wants his back scratched, he says "Kay, I'm pretty sure it was in your vows that you would scratch my back." So the fact that I willingly asked him to read my vows was just plain dumb :). He started reading it and got to that part were I vowed to scratch his back and turns out I vowed to scratch his back, not once, not twice, but three times a WEEK. I must have been delusional. I guess I have some making up to do...or maybe I can just use whiteout. No, I know I have to stick to what I promised, or at least consider it when he asks. 

Moving and packing sucks...there is no other word to explain it. The best part about moving this time is that it'll be our last for a really long time. That in itself makes it all worth it. 

1 comment: