Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Our life as of lately is a little crazy! :)

It's been a long time since I blogged about our adoption and what has been going on, but there is not a lot to update you all on.

The past two weeks have been crazy for us, between moving out of apartment 4 days before we could move in to our home, to packing and unpacking, having only one car and not being able to find a summer job, it's been stressful. But we have had so much encouragement and help from our friends here in Orlando. We had 12 people help us move out of our apartment, we had 5 different people offer us a place to stay during our 4 days of being "homeless," we had cooked meals 3 times a day, we had people help us unload and unpack, and we have already had people over for dinner or to hang out. We feel extremely blessed. 

To add to the craziness in our life, we moved in on Wednesday (about 2 weeks ago) and the next day we had our home study. It was wild. There were boxes all over the place and the house looked like a storm had blown through it; Mrs. Deborah didn't mind though. She wanted us to get moving with the adoption and right now we are getting last bit of our home study papers finalized and then we will know if we were approved or not. Anthony and I both feel good about the process. We believe we will get approved. 

Many people have compared adoption to pregnancy and although I can see some similar aspects I don't think they are too similar. With pregnancy you are able to gain weight freely without anyone judging you. If I gained weight just because, it wouldn't be as acceptable as if I were pregnant. I'm a bit jealous of that aspect. When you are pregnant you are able to justify shopping for clothes, I can't. When you are pregnant you are able to crave junk; if I craved junk it's only because I am a fatty :). But those are surface issues. The biggest differences between adoption and pregnancy is that pregnant women know, more or less, when their baby will be home...I still don't know. When you are pregnant you are able to say "well in three months my little girl/boy/ baby will be here" and people don't look at you like you are crazy because their is an obvious bump on your belly that explains it. When you are pregnant, people don't typically ask you why you decided to get pregnant-- typically people are happy for you and don't question you. The biggest thing, at least to me, is when you meet your baby for the very first time you won't have to worry about leaving him or her for two months until the "paper work" is finalized. I am definitely not looking forward to this part of adoption because I know I will be extremely heart broken for the time we will be apart from our children. Pregnancy and adoption are similar in that the waiting time can get a bit overwhelming. In both situations you go through emotional roller coaster and in some way or another it brings your marriage closer. 

I hope one day I can experience pregnancy so I can truly see if any of these things hold any kind of validity, but as of now, I can only guess these are valid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment