Sunday, November 18, 2012

Being thankful day 17: Our adoption

Day 17: I am thankful for the outcome of our concert, for the amazing support we raised, for all the people who helped through out the night, for all the people who helped me put it together and for God being so good to us. Yesterday was one of the most amazing days our life. I just cannot believe this little idea I had in my head to get people together turned into this incredible event. God had his hand all over it and he deserves all the glory and praise.

This has been such a humbling experience for both of us. We have never had to depend on our God more than we are now. We have spent $8, 500 (more or less) so far--all of it coming from our savings. We recently signed a huge check for our adoption agency and have $0 in our saving. We have surrendered all of our money to God and are obeying his calling for us. If you know me well, you may know how challenging it is for me to surrender control, but I believe this is a time for learning and to be humbled before my community and God. I am not good at asking people for money, so this whole adoption fundraising is a difficult one for me. But I am trusting God more and more and he is making it clear to us that he is greater than anything we could ever imagine and if we obey, he will take care of us in more ways than we could have ever fathomed. 

At our concert last night we were able to raise $2,029. Some people gave $5 and others gave $500; no matter the amount the obedience of those people surrendering their money allowed us to raise that much money. And as if that wasn't enough for you to realize we love a God with no boundaries, at the end of the night, Anthony's aunt and uncle donated $3,000 to our adoption-- yes, you read it right, $3,000. Incredible. Like I have said before, we love a God who moves mountains. I am so glad so many are walking along side us through this process. 

We are still in need of $5,000 more. I could sit here and stress out, but I am learning there is no use for that- we know God will take care of the finances. Please share our  online giving account with all of your friends and family and ask them to do the same. In order to donate you have to have a pay pal account, if you aren't comfortable with that, send me a message and I will send you our address. Thank you for reading this and thank you for surrendering some of your finances to bring our son home. Also, please pray for us and for our future little boy.  http://www.acharityproject.com/f/Lovingthefatherless




No comments:

Post a Comment