Thursday, April 4, 2013

Baptism

Through Summit Church, Jesus, has changed my life. He has rocked my world. He has made me new.

This Sunday, April 7th, I am going to be baptized. Not for the first time, but for the first time in this new life, as a new me. For the past, almost, 4 years, we have attended Summit and slowly my life has been changing. It HAS been a slow process, but a process that has filled my life with great joy. I have learned that we love a great God, a God full of mercy, grace and never ending love for me. Yes, me a sinner, a broken, shattered, human being. This realization is incredible. For the first time in my life I have learned to turn to God at my weakest moments. I have learned no matter how 'dark' or 'lonely' I feel in my sinfulness, He loves me. It is a humbling feeling. Recognizing I must set my desire for control, my desire to pull away, my pride, all of it aside for God because He loves me and he wants me to seek Him. This truth has filled so many voids in my heart. Many voids which before I tried filling with earthly things. I realize the only thing that fills me up is Him, His Word, and the Holy Spirit.

God is definitely worthy of all the praise in my life. Even through all the suffering in my life, I know God is there, He will always be there. I never have to fill my self with things, just Him. He never sinned, but yet he gave his live on the cross for me and for you. Now that is something worth giving my life for over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment