Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 5: Thank you ladies....you know who you are :)


Last night was  a difficult night for Anthony and I. Max had a rough few hours, but he finally calmed down after I rocked him to sleep. We tried everything for 2 hours; rocking, changing, feeding, playing, laying in his crib and nothing worked. At one point I felt like an awful mother, as if God had forgotten to give me the gift of mothering. Once we finally got him to settle down, I definitely felt overwhelmed and cried and cried and cried. Anthony and I prayed and I felt better, much better. Then today I received text messages from 5 wonderful women who lifted me up with such encouraging words. It really was a blessing. So ladies, thank you for those kind words. It is hard to be here far from all of your support, but I still felt the love thousands of miles away. I have a lot more to type, but haven’t edited and typed some of our day today. I will get to it tomorrow. Here are a few more pictures.

Feeding this sweet boy. Anthony has been the most amazing husband and father through this process, blessed to be married to this man.
Got out into the market in Addis. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment