Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oh how interesting life can be!

When I woke up this morning, I was in the mood to clean!! Anthony absolutely hates days like today...can't really blame him. When I get in the mood to clean, I simply want to clean EVERYTHING! I like to move furniture from one corner of the living room to the other and vacuum behind every little crack where dust could possibly be. I mean, if it isn't for me cleaning, this house would be filled with spider webs and I can't have that.
Today I started in the bedroom, I changed the sheets and put new sheets that we got from Anthony's grandmother. I love the smell of new, clean sheets, especially when they are nice sheets that feel like silk. I dusted everything you could imagine and I could already tell Anthony was getting annoyed with me. He seems to have selective hearing in situations like these. For instance, when I ask him to dust his night stand or if he could put the laundry in the wash he looks at Chicago, as if I were talking to Chi and not him. I'm sure he wishes Chicago would do chores around the house and I'm almost sure he is envious of Chicago's life; you know, not doing anything, but the basics. Typically conversations about us having kids is a big taboo, but every time we are cleaning it seems his fatherly instincts kick in. He is always saying, "I can't wait until we have kids so they can do all the chores and I don't have too." Our poor children :).
Thinking about Anthony's annoyed face, right now, make me laugh, because I know how much he doesn't want to help me clean, but honestly, at that very moment when he is ignoring me or trying to avoid me I get so irritated with him. I can't really be upset with him because he helps me all the time. He just hates when I get in the Mrs. OCD mood, which I believe I get from my mother. And as this sudden thought creeps in to my mind, I remember how much I hated cleaning when I was younger because of my mother. Oh my, have I become a mini version of my mom? I remember swearing I would never be like her and here I am, exactly like her. Oh how interesting life can be. Well, I guess I am not as bad as she was considering Anthony left to school before I even finished cleaning the bedroom. He had to leave early to work on school stuff, I wonder if he made that up just to get out of cleaning! Ha, sounds like something I would have tried when I was younger.
Regardless, I love Ant! I can't complain about that man because he helps me so much around the house. I think he rather do it in little sections instead of the whole house like I do. Better than him never doing anything at all. And in all honestly, I don't mind being a little like my mother...after all, I turned out all right!

No comments:

Post a Comment