Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sweet potato BROWNIES, oh yeah!

Sweet potato brownie....yes, you read that right! I enjoy eating sweets, but I typically don't eat much of it! I always feel like a fatty, especially when I eat brownies or cheesecake. I haven't found a healthy and delicious tasting recipe for cheesecake, but I finally found a healthy recipe for brownies. When I say healthy I mean it, it is filled with antioxidants, tons of fiber, dairy free,  tons of good fats (walnut oil), no wheat and nothing processed. Absolutely amazing. Another adjusted recipe by paleOMG :)

1 sweet potato
3 eggs
1/4 cup of walnut oil
1/4 cup of raw honey
1/2 cup of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
3 tablesp. of Coconut flour
2 tablesp. of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspn. baking powder
1/4 teaspn. vanilla extract
1/4 teaspn cinnamon
pinch of sea salt

1. Preheat oven to 405 degress. Bake sweet potato until soft about 30 mins ( I cut it in half and wrap in foil others just poke holes...whatever works best for you)
2. Whisk the eggs and set aside.
3. When the potato is done, take the skin off and mash it. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Add the walnut oil, eggs, honey, and vanilla. Mix together.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Pour into a medium size baking dish. I used an 11" by 8" and they were a good thickness.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Definitely wanna let them sit so it becomes firm.
8. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment