Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rambling, plus some Blueberry muffins

Wednesday's, I love them. I get off from work earlier than usual and I actually have time to do as I please. Truthfully, the last thing I wanted to do today was cook, or so I thought. I got home and Anthony, in support of my new paleo habits had left pork loin marinating in fresh veggies (I know he is awesome). It had filled the aparment with such a wonderful smell of fresh garlic, onions, peppers, tomatoes and some fresh herbs. I know totally mouth watering! Anyway, I could not let my husband out shine me in the kitchen so I put on the apron and got to baking!

I have been doing Paleo for 5 days (totally sucks since im going to Chicago this weekend, womp womp) and I have totally been craving some carbs and sweets, like pita chips and nutella. So to get my sweet tooth crave, I found this awesome blueberry muffin recipe. Honestly, they turned out better than I thought and to top it off, Anthony loved them :) this is such a simple recipe!

Blueberry Muffins

1 cup of Almond flour
1 cup of almond butter (found by the peanut butter)
3 eggs whisked
1/3 cup of walnut oil
1/3 cup of raw honey
1/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
2/3 cup of fresh blueberries
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda

1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together
3. Add all the wet ingredients including the blueberries. Mix together very well.
4. Place the ingredients into a cupcake pan (makes about 10-12)
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. You may wanna check it around 15 minutes.
6. Let then sit and cool
7. Enjoy





No comments:

Post a Comment