Sunday, November 18, 2012

Being thankful Day 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14

On Friday the 9th, I was thankful for date night dinner with the hubs to an Ethiopian restaurant. We have been meaning to eat the food for sometime and we finally did it. When we arrived the restaurant smelled of fresh curry and coffee. The smell was intoxicatingly good. We ordered beef tips and short ribs. The food arrived in a huge plate with sides of vegetables and injera. Injera is a doughy fluffy tortilla; it is very yeasty. It was such a joyful time for us. We spent the night day dreaming of our little boy and the life we will soon have in just a few months.

On Saturday the 10th, I was thankful for Nice Serve. We were able to go serve House of Refuge; a couple who helps the homeless. It was a blessing to serve along side new people who love to serve others as much as we do. It was also a grew day because it was Anthony's first time leading a group. I am thankful for the honoring man he has and is becoming.

On Sunday November 11, I was thankful for free lunch at California Pizza Kitchen and time spent with the Drake Family.

On Monday November 12, I was thankful for a great day at work. There are some days I really wish I did not have to deal with the students I have to deal with because they drain me, but on Monday it was a good day. It went by really smooth. I was also thankful for a good free dinner with The Bank's.

On Tuesday November 13th, I was thankful for my Grandmother who passed away on the Monday. I am glad that she is not suffering any more and she is in a better place with Jesus. I am also glad to have spent time with my cousins and my extended family.


Today Wednesday the 14th, I am thankful for my family. As crazy as they are, I love them. It is hard to deal with the death of my grandmother, but it has been so encouraging to go through this with the people I love and have known all my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment