Saturday, January 5, 2013

New years life style.

Last year I would have told you that I had a few new years resolutions, which I did, but they didn't really work out. Honestly, I can't even begin to tell you what they were; so much for resolutions, huh? This year as I was evaluating my life, I realized the reason last years resolution did not work out...they were vain.  Yeah, vain as in full of vanity. Although I cannot remember all of my resolutions I am pretty sure one of them had to do with me loosing weight and being skinny and the rest followed suit. I am not saying there is anything wrong with me loosing weight to be skinny. It is the fact that I wasn't doing it for health or for Anthony or for how I felt, but for vanity, for what my friends would think, for how I would look in this kind of clothes as oppose to others. My resolutions were very self absorbed.

As I reflected more and more on this and my understanding of how self absorbed my resolutions were, I can't help but feel happy. I am happy I have come so far. Far enough that this year one of my resolutions is to be healthy with my food choices and in turn get in shape, but not for what my friends will think or to be stick skinny or to look good in certain clothes, but for me and for my husband and for my health. I know to some of you it may not be different, but my mindset on being healthy is different than last years. 

Getting healthy isn't my only resolution, or better said, my goal for 2013. I have a few. First and first most, I want to read the New Testament. Second, when I read the Word I want to be able to spend time soaking it in and journaling about it. This is something I have had a heart for, but have never done it, not sure why. Third, I want to be an honoring wife to Anthony, a wife who remembers that her husband is not God therefore not perfect and he will let me down, but I will continue to love him the same way Jesus has continued to love me. Which leads me to my fourth resolution, to love people like Jesus loves me. Not hypocritically or selfishly, but humbly because at the end of the day we are all broken beings with the need of forgiveness and grace of our loving father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment