Saturday, January 5, 2013

Loving your husband better....

Don't take my post title wrong, I love my husband well, or at least I think I do (maybe I should ask him--on second thought maybe I shouldn't, ha!) As the year came to an end I started thinking of ways to better love Anthony this new year; ways to show him my true appreciation. If there is one thing I have discovered in my short few years of marriage is the way I want to be loved is so completely different than the way he wants to be loved. I have taken the time to research 52 ways to better love my husband, 1 for each week of the year, some I will be doing continuously (placed an * by it). I have looked at Christian websites and just fun date websites; these stood out the most to me based on what Anthony likes. I will be crossing these off as I go doing it them. I need to stay accountable to this....

1. Take him out on a date—pre-planning all of the details ahead of time (totally surprised him with this one tonight.)
2.Give coupons for him to redeem-- back & head scratches, back & shoulder massages or rubs.
3. Buy him a gift card to his favorite place to eat and out it in his wallet for him to find.
4. Pray for him. So obvious, but I don't do it often enough.*
5. Respect his opinion even if it is the worst thing I have ever heard in the life...it happens.* (respected his opinion of what car to buy)
6. Do NOT give him the silent treatment; it really isn't fun for me either.*
7. Surprise him with a sweet kisses when he comes home from work.
8. Place love notes in his pocket for him to find.
9. Start the coffee pot for him before I go to work.
10. Leave his lunch packed up for him in his lunch box.
11. Praise his good decisions.*
12. Discover his physical and emotional needs. Make him feel loved and wanted always.*
13. Watch a football game with him without complaining or talking about other things.
14. Go watch a movie of his choice.
15. Go for a long walk with him and use the time to encourage him for being so hard working.*
16. Listen to him with out interrupting (this one is hard for me.)*
17. Do a candle night dinner in our backyard.
18. Compliment him in front of others.* (will still continue to do this one)
19. Surprise him with a spur of the moment fishing trip.
20. Don't nag.*
21. Spend the day doing something that he wants to do.
22. Sometimes let him enjoy his day off work without having to “work” at home.
23. Cook for him without expecting any help during cooking or after with the cleaning.
24. Pray together for our future children. Especially the one on the way.*
25. Spend more time teaching him Spanish.
26. Surprise him by wearing his favorite clothes on me.
27. Compliment him.*
28. Start a bonfire in our pit, buy a bottle of wine and enjoy the evening outside.
29. Surprise I'm with a fitness magazine or sport magazine he really likes.
30. Take care of myself more (Anthony will call me out when I am not taking care of myself.)
31. Pray for our marriage.*
32.Practice being humble and admit when I am wrong.*
33. Initiate intimacy periodically. And respond more often. He needs to know I want him just as much as he wants me.*
34. Scrabble date night.
35. Take him on a date to watch UGA.
36. Encourage him to have more guy nights.
37. Clean, fold and put his laundry away.* (yeah, in this house Anthony does the laundry...crazy, I know.)
38. Go mini golfing.
39. Cheer for his team (UGA.)
40. Buy him a huge package of gummy bears (what can I say he is easy to please.)
41. Be supportive of his goals.
42. Sit and listen to him play his guitar and encourage him to do it more often.
43. Plan a weekend get away for just the two of us.
44. Be flirtatious with him (I think this one is important because so often we forget to flirt with our husbands.)
45. Be patient with him when we travel.
46. Try to honor his desires to spend time with his family.
47. Extend God’s grace to him and be forgiving when he offends me.*
48. Send him loving emails.
49. When he comes home from work allow him to relax.
50. Surprise him with sweet text messages. 
51. Take Chi out for more walks.
52. Ask him how his day was every day and genuinely listen to him.* (will continue this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment