Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Honey glazed chicken wrapped w/ bacon

Ingredients:
2 pound boneless chicken breasts
20 thin bacon slices
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tbp coarse mustard (I used Zataran with the creole flavor)
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice


Directions:
1. Cut the chicken breasts in thin strips. Not too thin, the bacon has to brown and if the chicken is too thin it’ll get dry before the bacon gets crispy. (I bought the chicken already in cutlets).

2. In a bowl, combine 3 tbsp of honey with 2 tsp coarse mustard. Squeeze in a tbs of lemon juice. I think orange juice will be great, too.

3. Wrap the bacon around the chicken strips. Place them in a roasting tray or on a cookie sheet. I put foil on the tray so that the clean up would be less. (I also put it on a rack so that the fat from the bacon would drip down and reduce calories and fat, but I am sure if you didn't put it on the rack it would be a lot juicier.)

4. Brush the chicken bites with half the marinade. Bake them in a preheated oven at 400 F (225C) for 10 to 13 minutes. Until the bacon is crispy. As soon as one side is done, take the tray out of the oven. Flip them over and brush them with the remaining marinade. Put them back in the oven for another 10 to 13 minutes, until the other side is crispy as well. Keep an eye on them.

Here is a picture of my finished product :)

No comments:

Post a Comment